Founded in 1990 and incorporated in 2004, HIN is a not-for-profit organization that provides a forum for:
- The development of strategies to promote awareness of the language barriers that inhibit the quality of health care provided to patient populations with limited English proficiency (LEP)
- The recognition of the need for the development of standards to guide the training of language interpreters in the health care sector.
- The exchange of information
What is the structure of HIN?
HIN is governed by a Board of Directors, elected by the membership.
Who are the members of HIN?
HIN is a network of individuals and organizations dedicated to improving access to high-quality healthcare for patients with limited English proficiency. Activities are achieved through the generous support and contribution of HIN members’ volunteer hours.
The goals of HIN are to:
- Enable and enhance access to healthcare by providing education on the need for language interpretation and translation services in the delivery of healthcare in Ontario
- Conduct research, disseminate information and provide education with respect to language interpretation and translation services in the healthcare sector.
- Raise funds and provide resources for the education and training of qualified language interpreters.
- Promote common education and professional standards in the provision of language interpretation and translation services.